How Often Do You Just Hang Out and Make?

Our new favorite interiors blog for its inspiring, REAL undesigny spaces is Bohemian Homes.

This image reminded us of when we used to hang out on a rug and draw…

…hmmm. Why not now?

With thanks to Maria Robledo.

8 Responses to How Often Do You Just Hang Out and Make?

1. andrea raisfeld 02.07.2014 at 8:12am #

Funny you should ask–this winter I have been in craft heaven, looking forward to the evenings to pull out my latest hobby, embroidery. I learned it in home ec in high school, and love studying all the stitches on an embroidered map of the united state I have in the hallway of our ski house that shows the state flowers. Something arose in me recently, and I began to stitch pine scented pillows. First try on a muslin bag for a friend, then a bigger one for my son, and now deep into a vintage college emblem for my daughter. I have the tv and the fire going, and am happy as can be. My daughter has picked up knitting, and I love that we are both doing something with our hands other than texting and checking email. My next project is a chunky knitted throw. Just have to learn how to knit first! Thanks for asking…

2. Harriet Bell 02.07.2014 at 9:09am #

My goal for retirement–which is a number of years away–is to have plenty of time to hang out and make, craft, knit, embroider, preserve, quilt. I have so many ideas flying around in my head, but need those big chunks of time.

3. Jane 02.07.2014 at 1:12pm #

WONDER WONDERFUL!!!!
    Food for the SOUL!
    Thank you for opening my eyes to this wonderful blog.

4. Sally 02.08.2014 at 11:34am #

THANK YOU!

5. Sally 02.08.2014 at 11:39am #

I’m with you Harriet. I’ve been putting off buying a sewing machine because I don’t have time to learn to use it yet…and I have a million ideas for making that I am unable to get to due to work, which is, Improvised Life, which lets me do some of it vicariously…

6. Sally 02.08.2014 at 11:40am #

What a lovely scene. Quiet and connection. Really perfect.

7. Matthew Sporzynski 02.18.2014 at 8:17pm #

Sally, get a sewing machine! My Mom sent me my grandmother’s sewing machine (very basic Singer – very basic.) The directions are easy to follow and it’s very satisfying. I made new kitchen curtains for the country and Peter and Martin were utterly amazed.

8. Sally 02.19.2014 at 11:17am #

Hey Matthew. I WILL. Thanks for the push. I’ve done the research and have one picked out that will handle leather as well. But have been so busy with Improvised Life…. I have in mind many projects that I need a sewing machine for. Including my dream convertible backpack/tote bag, plus a curtain for the terrace door…..